Ypsilanti Farmers Markets
Growing Hope's Farmers Markets aim to increase access to fresh and healthy food while supporting our local economy and developing our downtowns and communities. By providing a venue for farmers, urban market gardens, and other entrepreneurs, we contribute to health of the community and the viability of our local food system. We are proud to be a leader in Michigan in food access at farmers markets, as well as known for our strength in market evaluation. We hope you read our 2014 Ypsilanti Farmers Market Season Report, linked at the bottom of this page.
10 Years for the Ypsilanti Farmers Market in Downtown-- and A Big Investment in Our Future!
In 2015, we are celebrating our tenth season of our Ypsilanti Farmers Market in Downtown on Tuesdays! And the big news is our new location at 16 South Washington, and our campaign to develop this Ypsilanti Farmers MarketPlace into a year-round, indoor-outdoor facility! Please check out our Patronicity campaign, make a gift, and spread the word! Patronicity is the first phase of our campaign to raise $400,000 to open the MarketPlace and build a working capital reserve for Growing Hope. Information for donors and prospective sponsors is attached if you scroll to the bottom of the screen.
Markets Abound, and Locations Are Growing!
In addition to our market in downtown Ypsi, we continue to fund and manage the beloved and historic Ypsilanti Farmers Market in Depot Town on Saturdays. We began management of that market in 2013. We also, since 2013, manage the Wayne Farmers Market on Wednesdays; we are contracted by the Wayne Chamber of Commerce and in partnership with the City of Wayne to do so.
In the summer of 2015 we launched our Ypsilanti Mobile Farm Stand by Growing Hope to increase access to healthy foods in underserved areas that may not yet be coming to the Ypsilanti Farmers Markets. Check them out and 'like' our Ypsilanti Farmers Markets and Wayne Farmers Market pages today! Our outdoor markets run May-October.
- Ypsilanti Farmers Market: Tuesdays, 3-7 pm, 16 South Washington, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Ypsilanti Farmers Market: Saturdays, 9 am-1 pm, 100 Rice Street (Depot Town), Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Wayne Farmers Market: Wednesdays, 3-7 pm, Goudy Park, 3355 S Wayne Rd, Wayne, MI 48184
- Growing Hope Mobile Farm Stand: Thursdays, 4pm-7pm Across from Ypsi District Library Superior, 8795 MacArthur Blvd; Fridays 10am-1pm Washtenaw County Human Services Courtyard, 555 Towner, DHHS/WIC Office; Fridays, 4pm-7pm Regional Career Technical Center, 1520 S. Congress, East Mansfield.
More Thanks Just Managing Markets & Farm Stands
Our work in farmers markets extends beyond the actual management of markets. We're proud to play a role in advocating for policies that support markets and food access, in leading branding and marketing for Washtenaw Farmers Markets, in consulting and training other markets in evaluation and how to be successfulin food assistance (see our fee schedules attached), and in supporting our market vendors in growing their small businesses.
- Become an Ypsilanti Farmers Market Vendor- scroll below for the applications!
- Our Vendors
- Ypsilanti Growers' Cooperative
- Become a Market Sponsor
- Become a Friend of the Ypsilanti Farmers Markets
- Market History
- Market Impact & Reports
- Healthy Food Access